Hand – On Activities:
- Provide professional and academic tours, venue visits and workshops.
- Connect students to equine and agriculture related science industries.
- Allow students networking opportunities with local industry professionals.
Job Based Training:
- Qualified employee / employer relationship development with full industry exposure.
- Certified education curriculums including value added job shadowing and internships.
- Three (3) level program at Locust Trace School with student skill level measurables
- Level 1: Novice level training example: Horse washing procedures, etc.
- Level 2: Hands on activities including anatomy study and trade vocation.
- Level 3: Training skills consisting of business aspects and equine study.
Camps, Tours and Field Trips:
Legacy Equine Academy Summer Camps
LEA has partnered with Life Adventure Center and their dynamic team of experienced equestrian professionals. The site at Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary offers an equestrian center with both indoor and outdoor arena training areas. The camp offers equestrian riding and horsemanship lessons of all skills levels, as well as, equine education and life skills programs.
Kentucky Horse Park
Students will be offered complimentary admission to the Kentucky Horse Park, tours the International Museum of the Horse, etc. They are introduced to horse breeds from around the world.
Kentucky Derby Museum
Students will enjoy a historic walking tour of Churchill Downs Racetrack. This will include:
- Visit with resident thoroughbred and miniature horse Winston at the Museum’s stable.
- “The Greatest Race”, a one-of-a-kind 360º immersive sound and visual experience.
- An exciting and learning experience on two floors of interactive onsite exhibits.
Claiborne Farm Tours
A behind-the- scenes look at the prominent Thoroughbred breeding operation, now in its fourth generation of ownership by the Hancock Family. Secretariat was conceived and rests on site.